Call of Duty Shop Official Rules
CALL OF DUTY® SHOP FALL GIVEWAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND YOU SHOULD READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY.
- PROMOTION TERM AND DEADLINES:The Call of Duty® Shop Fall Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Activision Publishing, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), 2701 Olympic Boulevard, Building B., Santa Monica, CA 90404, and is administered by Legends Hospitality, LLC (the “Administrator”) 61 Broadway, Ste. 2400, New York, NY 10006.
- PROMOTION TERM AND DEADLINES:The Promotion begins October 14, 2022, at 12:00:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends October 15, 2022, at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT (the “Promotion Period”). All entries received after the end of the Promotion Period will be ineligible for a chance to win a prize.
- ELIGIBILITY:The Promotion is open and offered only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions), 18 years of age or older (except residents of Alabama and Nebraska, who must be 19 years of age or older and residents of Mississippi, who must be 21 years of age or older) at the time of entry. Promotion is void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, agents, and directors of Sponsor and Administrator and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies and subsidiary companies, and their advertising, promotion, or production agencies, prize providers, webmasters and web suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”), and their IRS dependents, immediate families (spouse and parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or members of their households, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in this Promotion. By participating, you (“Entrant”) agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Promotion.
- HOW TO ENTER:To enter this Promotion and be eligible to win a prize, during the Promotion Period, Entrants are required to sign up to receive the Call of Duty® Shop Newsletter by either:
1) Signing up with the Entrant’s email address in the space provided on the Promotion Official Rules website located at https://shop.callofduty.com/pages/fall-sweepstakes;
2) Providing the Entrant’s email address in the “Join the Community” box located at the bottom of the Call of Duty® Shop homepage located at https://shop.callofduty.com/
Limit of one (1) entry per person/account/email/household to the Promotion during the Promotion Period, regardless of number of submissions by either method detailed above. Proof of submission or completion of the Featured Event is not proof of receipt. Any attempt at e-mail or other method of entry is void. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses or accounts, or any other methods including, without limitation, script, macro or any automated or other means which subverts the entry process, will void that person’s entry and that person will be disqualified. By entering your email address and thereby entering the Promotion and signing up for the Call of Duty® Shop Newsletter, Entrant’s agree with the Call of Duty® Shop’s terms and conditions located at https://shop.callofduty.com/pages/terms-conditions. Sponsor may disqualify any such entry at its sole discretion.
- DRAWING:One random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Five (5) winners will be selected. The random drawing will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions, along with Sponsor, are final and binding on all matters relating to the Promotion. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Within seven (7) business days of the conclusion of the Promotion, Administrator shall endeavor to notify potential winners via email to the email address provided by Entrants when entering the Promotion in accordance with the instructions in Section 4 – How to Enter (the “Winner Notification Message”). Winners will be subject to verification of the Entrant’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The Winner Notification Message will provide the details to the potential winner for confirming eligibility requirements, including the potential winner responding to the Winner Notification Message with proof of eligibility (i.e., age and place of residence) as well as mailing address for receipt of prize, and sizing information for the prize. If the potential winner’s proof of eligibility and prize redemption information is not submitted to Administrator in accordance with the instructions in the Winner Notification Message within forty-eight (48) hours after outreach from Administrator, the prize may be forfeited at Administrator’s discretion and awarded to an alternate winner selected by Administrator. Any prizes not claimed by alternates within forty-eight (48) hours after outreach from Administrator shall be considered forfeited and shall be discarded at the Administrator’s and/or Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- PRIZES AND ARV:
Each winner will receive: One (1) Call of Duty® branded t-shirt, chosen at random by Sponsor (ARV: $30 USD); five (5) winners total.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $150 USD.
Once eligibility is confirmed, each winner will receive the prize via FedEx to the winner’s mailing address provided in response to the Winner Notification Message.
Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize, or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute prize (or a portion thereof) with another prize of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Allow fourteen (14) business days for receipt of prize to your mailing address after winner notification.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants agree (a) that the Promotion Entities will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, or participation in this Promotion or any Promotion related activity, or for any printing, production, typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; and (b) except where legally prohibited, each winner grants (and agrees to confirm such grant in writing) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use winner’s name, city and state of residence, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without additional compensation in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the internet, in perpetuity, in any manner, without notice, review or approval.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by applicable law, each Entrant agrees to participate in reasonable publicity as may be required by Sponsor in respect of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to publish each Entrant’s name, photograph and country of residence on its Entrant’s and/or Winner’s list and websites.
- SPONSOR’S RIGHTS: Sponsor reserves the right at any time, in their absolute discretion, to:
- verify the eligibility of any Entrant (including their age and place of residence);
- disqualify any Entrant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the Promotion or entering using fraudulent means, or who the Sponsor believes to have acted in breach of these Official Rules; and
The Sponsors reserve the right to extend, withdraw, alter or suspend the Promotion or these Official Rules at any time if circumstances beyond their control (which could not be reasonably foreseeable at the time of this Promotion and which could not be avoided by appropriate means) make this unavoidable.
- LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Promotion Entities are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, postage due, unintelligible, non- delivered, misdirected, garbled, or stolen entries; or for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, telephone networks or lines, cellular towers or equipment (including handsets), computer on-line systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, human, technical, mechanical, electronic, network or otherwise, including, without limitation, any errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the announcement of the prizes or in any Promotion-related materials; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Promotion or website, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void), and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in this or any other promotion offered by Sponsor. Entries generated by robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. Promotion Entities are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from the website. Should any portion of the Promotion be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Promotion, and if terminated, randomly select winners from all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Promotion Entities are not liable for printer errors.
- PROMOTION ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE PROMOTION WEBSITE AND/OR TWITTER ACCOUNT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- ARBITRATION: Any dispute whatsoever relating to the Promotion which is not resolved within the thirty (30) day period commencing upon receipt of written notice by either party from the other party, shall be settled by binding and final arbitration before a single arbitrator. The demand for arbitration shall be made within a reasonable time after a claim, dispute, breach or other matter in question has arisen, and in no event shall it be made after two years from when the aggrieved party knew or should have known of the claim, dispute or breach. The arbitration shall be conducted pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA Rules”). Arbitration shall be by a single arbitrator experienced in the matters at issue selected pursuant to the AAA Rules. The arbitration shall be held in such place in the metropolitan area of Los Angeles, California, as may be specified by the arbitrator (or such other place upon which the parties and the arbitrator may agree), and shall be conducted pursuant to the AAA Rules (regardless of any choice of law provision in this Agreement) to the extent not otherwise inconsistent with this Agreement. The parties shall not be entitled to discovery other than the exchange of relevant documents and one deposition not to exceed eight hours, except as otherwise allowed by the arbitrator or the AAA rules. However, the parties shall also be entitled to depose any expert that will be presented to testify at the arbitration hearing. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding as to any matters submitted to arbitration and shall be in lieu of any other action or proceeding of any nature whatsoever; and, if necessary, any judgment upon the arbitrator’s decision may be entered in any court of record having jurisdiction over the subject matter or over the party against whom the judgment is being enforced. The arbitrator shall issue a reasoned opinion to support his or her final award and shall have no power to issue any ruling that either is not consistent with, or is contrary to, California law. The arbitrator also shall have no power to award exemplary, special or punitive damages, and shall further have no power to award incidental or consequential damages or damages for lost profits. The reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of the prevailing party (as determined by the arbitrator) shall be reimbursed by the other party or parties. For New Jersey residents, the limitations set forth above are inapplicable where attorneys’ fees, court costs, or other damages are mandated by statute. Except as required by law, the parties agree to keep confidential the existence and details of any dispute subject to this provision, including the results of arbitration. The foregoing shall not be deemed to prohibit a party from disclosing relevant information to its legal, financial and other advisors in connection with any such dispute as long as such advisors agree to maintain the confidentiality thereof pursuant to this provision.
- CHOICE OF LAW: Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Promotion must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Los Angeles, CA. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California law, without reference to California choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain a winner’s list, send a request via email to email@example.com referencing the Call of Duty® Shop Fall Giveaway Promotion Winners List. Requests must be received no later than sixty (60) days following the conclusion of the Promotion Period.
- SPONSOR: Activision Publishing, Inc., 2701 Olympic Boulevard, Building B., Santa Monica, CA 90404.
- ADMINISTRATOR: Legends Hospitality, LLC, 61 Broadway, Ste. 2400, New York, NY 10006
© 2022 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION and CALL OF DUTY are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.